Locally built linux kernel modules for OpenAFS
This directory contains locally (Dartmouth College) built kernel modules for
various versions of OpenAFS and various versions of linux. When we have had reason to build the kernel
module for any of the Research Computing systems, we place a copy of the kernel module RPM here
They are arranged by AFS version, then by Linux distribution. Multiple kernel versions and architectures
may then be mixed in the same directory.
A typical kernel module RPM is named with this scheme:
These files are also directly accessible via the AFS path
Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at northstar-www.dartmouth.edu Port 80
- -smp indicates this is for an SMP kernel
- -1.4.10 is the version of OpenAFS
- -1.1.2 is the version of the source RPM
- 2.6.9_89.0.3.EL is the kernel version. The trailing EL indicates Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- i686 is the kernel architecture.